Art from junk mail

What do you do with all the bills, bank statements, brochures and junk inserts you get in the mail? Personally, I hate Hate HATE throwing out all those paper-- glossy and regular alike-- all the time. Especially when I think about how many trees were cut down to produce those papers. So I started collecting them (envelopes included) and decided I could draw on them. The texts, lines and various colors make for an interesting texture and background to the strong bold lines, plus, I get to reduce paper wastage at home. Here's my first try:
Fashion illustration on mailer

I think I'll start posting junk mail art regularly starting today...

2 comments

Anonymous October 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM

have you seen sandhi schimmel gold's junk mail art?
http://www.schimmelart.com COOL!

Angela Taguiang October 15, 2010 at 3:18 PM

No, but thank you for sharing that. Her work is incredible!

Post a Comment